Kentucky Derby is a perfect accent of the South. The fact that it has been around since 1875 blows our minds! To put 1875 into historical perspective, that’s the same year that President Grant sent troops to Mississippi and when the US Congress authorized the 20 cent coin that only lasted three years! Kentucky Derby is a historical tradition nonetheless.
Take our Kentucky Derby Quiz and see how much you know!
Test your friends. Loser buys a mint julep at Rooster’s Southern Kitchen on Saturday, May 7th!
- How long is the Kentucky Derby?
a. 1 mile
b. 1 1/4 mile
c. 1 1/8 mile
- Which race is not part of Horse Racing’s Triple Crown?
a. Kentucky Derby
b. Kentucky Oaks
c. Belmont Stakes
- What is the name of the race track where the Kentucky Derby is run?
a. Suffolk Downs
b. Churchill Downs
c. Lexington race track
- What gate has the most Kentucky Derby winners started from?
- How many horses who started from the No. 20 post have gone on to win the Kentucky Derby?
- Which was the last pre-Kentucky Derby undefeated horse to win the race?
a. Big Brown
- Who is the last jockey to win two consecutive derbys?
a. Gary Stevens
b. Bill Shoemaker
c. Eddie Delahoussaye
ANSWERS: ɔ˙7. ɐ˙6 ɔ˙5 q˙4 q˙3 q˙2 q˙1
How did you do? Give yourself bragging rights and challenge others to this quiz. Loser buys them a mint julep on Saturday at Rooster’s Southern Kitchen!
Rooster’s Southern Kitchen
804 S Croatan Highway, Kill Devil Hills, NC